Save Our Trees Terms of Access
1. This Website www.saveourtrees.net ("Website") is owned and operated by
Alexandra Jones ("Owner") on the World Wide Web ("WWW").
2. The material on the Website is copyright © 2008 Alexandra Jones and/or other
3. The Website is available for you to access conditional on your acceptance without
alteration of the terms and conditions set out below/on this linked page. By
continuing to access the Website you are agreeing to the terms and conditions set
Use of material on the Website
4. You may not use the Website, or the material contained on it, for any purpose.
(a) the reproduction of the material in any material form;
(b) the distribution of the material in any material form;
(c) re-transmission of the material by any medium or communication;
(d) uploading and/or reposting the material to any other site on the WWW;
(e) framing the material on the Website with other material on any other WWW
The above are unlawful in any jurisdiction and are specifically prohibited by these
Terms of Access.
5. Notwithstanding the above restrictions on use of the material on the Website, you
may download material from the Website for your personal non-commercial use
provided you do not remove any copyright and trade mark notices contained on
6. You may not modify or copy:
(a) the layout of the Website; and
(b) any computer software and code contained in the Website.
7. The Owner reserves all intellectual property rights, including, but not limited to,
copyright in material and/or services provided by it. The material provided on the
Website is provided for personal use only and may not be:
(a) re-sold and/or re-distributed in any material form;
(b) stored in any storage media; and/or
(c) re-transmitted in any media;
without the prior written consent of the Owner.
Links to other Websites
8. The Website contains links to sites on the WWW owned and operated by third
parties and which are not under the control of the Owner.
9. In relation to the other sites on the WWW, which are linked to the Website, the
(a) provides the links to other sites as a convenience to you and the existence
of a link to other sites does not imply any endorsement by the Owner of the
linked site; and
(b) is not responsible for the material contained on those linked sites.
10. The Website promotes the following policies:
(a) prohibiting the clearing of urban bushland;
(b) prohibiting the removal of mature trees from public land in urban areas;
(c) prohibiting the granting of approvals generally for developments that
necessitate the destruction of trees and bushland;
(d) providing a Model Tree Policy to protect and preserve trees in urban areas;
(e) prohibiting the sale, availability and use of synthetic chemical herbicides
and pesticides; and
(f) policies incidental to the above.
11. The Owner aims to raise awareness on the WWW about current environmental
practices and policies. All material contained on the Website are the views and
opinions of the Owner and are published for the purpose of furthering the Policies
and for your convenience and benefit.
12. The Owner is not in the business of providing professional advice and gives no
warranty, guarantee or representation about the accuracy, reliability or timeliness
or otherwise, of the information contained on the Website and/or linked sites on
13. To the full extent permitted by law the Owner disclaims any and all warranties,
express or implied, regarding the accuracy, reliability, timeliness or otherwise of
any information contained or referred to on the Website and/or of any linked sites.
To the extent that it is not possible to exclude any implied warranty or condition,
the Owner?s liability is limited to the supply of the services again.
14. The Owner will not be liable under any circumstances for any loss of profits or any
damages of any kind recognised by law (even if it has been advised of the
(a) acting, or failing to act, on any information contained on or referred to on
the Website and/or any of the linked Websites; and
(b) using or acquiring, or your inability to use or acquire, any service or product
contained or referred to on the Website and/or any linked sites.
15. The Owner does not warrant guarantee or make any representation that:
(a) the Website, or the server that makes the site available on the WWW are
free of software viruses;
(b) the functions contained in any software contained on the Website will
operate uninterrupted or are error-free; and
(c) errors and defects in the Website will be corrected.
16. The Owner is not liable to you for:
(a) errors or omissions in the Website, or linked sites on the WWW;
(b) delays to, interruptions of or cessation of the services provided in the
Website, or linked sites; and
(c) defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct of any user of the Website, whether
caused through negligence of the Owner, its employees or independent
contractors, or through any other cause.
17. You agree to accept the full cost of any necessary repair, correction and
maintenance of any of your computer software or hardware, which may be
necessary as a consequence of you accessing the Website.
Use of information gathered
18. The Owner and/or people authorised by it may gather and process the
(a) which you may provide when accessing (or as a result of accessing) the
Website (such as via signing a petition), including your name, address, email
address and other personal information about you; and
(b) regarding the way in which you use the Website including, without
limitation, information acquired through the use of ?cookies? programmed
during the accessing of the Website.
19. The Owner may authorise others to offer you goods and services using the
information acquired through (a) and (b) above.
Alteration of Terms of Access
20. The Owner reserves the right to change these Terms of Access:
(a) with or without further notice to you; and
(b) without giving you any explanation or justification for such change.
21. If any part of this Agreement is found to be void, unlawful, or unenforceable then that
part will be deemed to be severable from the balance of this Agreement and the
severed part will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
22. This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the law of
the State of Western Australia, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of
23. You agree to the jurisdiction of the courts of the State of Western Australia to
determine any dispute arising out of this Agreement.